BVC POLICIES AND CODES OF CONDUCT
BVC policy is to aid athletes to achieve an elite level in volleyball through skill development, teamwork, dedication and sacrifice. It is to provide an atmosphere that will reflect good values and teach lifelong lessons through sport including self-motivation, self-discipline, and selflessness. Participation is to be a positive and rewarding experience for all team members including other teammates, coaches, and other club members. With this in mind, players and parents/guardians must agree with BVC’s policy on playing time, and adhere to the athlete and parent/guardian codes of conduct.
BVC’s Policy on Playing Time
- Playing time is based on many factors including attendance at practice/tournaments, skill development, level of fitness, attitude and the needs of the team.
Athlete Code of Conduct
- I will participate in volleyball alcohol and drug free.
- I will respect everyone involved in my volleyball experience: parents, coaches, teammates, officials, and opponents, because without them, there wouldn’t be a game.
- I will never use violence or bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials, or other spectators. I will express my disapproval in an appropriate manner to the proper officials and Sask Volleyball contacts.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and appreciate the challenges of their position.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything, and to control my temper when things aren’t going my way. Having fun, improving skills, helping my teammates become better players, and doing my best are more important than winning games.
- I will respect the facilities that I use with my team: gymnasiums, schools, restaurants, hotels and washrooms. I will remember to put all my garbage in the trash bins and not use volleyballs in school hallways and hotel rooms.
- I will remember to be a true team player, because volleyball is a true team sport.
By signing below, you indicate that you have read and understood the Playing Time Policy and Athlete Code of Conduct and agree to abide by them. Failure to abide by the athlete code of conduct may result in suspension from any or all BVC activities.
___________________________ ____________________________ ______________________
Athlete Name (Print) Athlete Signature Date
Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
- I will attend volleyball events alcohol and drug free.
- I will remember that children play volleyball for their enjoyment, not mine.
- I will never question an official’s/coach’s decision in public.
- I will never use violence or bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators. I will express my disapproval in an appropriate manner to the proper officials, club and SVA contacts.
- I will remember that children learn best by example, and will demonstrate good sportsmanship and applaud all good plays by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will take an interest in my child’s team by taking turns supervision and assisting at tournaments and team functions
- I will have a positive attitude towards volleyball and will emphasize the cooperative nature of the sport.
By signing below, you indicate that you have read and understood the Playing Time Policy and Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. Failure to abide by the Parent/Guardian code of conduct may result in you or your child’s suspension from any or all BVC activities.
______________________ ______________________ ____________________
Parent Name (Print) Parent Signature Date